Positions-Professional and editorial activities
Teaching and Research Positions
Since October 2006: Professor of Developmental Psychology at the University of Geneva
1998 – 2006: Professor of Developmental Psychology at the University of Bourgogne, member of the Laboratoire d'Etude de l’Apprentissage et du Développement (LEAD - CNRS UMR 5022)
1991-1998: Lecturer and Senior lecturer of Developmental Psychology at the University of Bourgogne and member of the LEAD
1983 – 1991: School Psychologist
1974-1983: School teacher
Committees and Editorial Activities
- 2015 - 2019: President of the Research Committee of the University of Geneva
- 2016- : Associate Editor Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
- 2010-2016 : Associate Editor Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition
- 2014 -: Cognitive Development
- 2013 -: Psychological Science
- 2012 -: Thinking & Reasoning
- 2004 -: L’Année Psychologique
- December 2015: Guest editor for Developmental Review – special issue: Theories of Cognitive Development.
- June-September 2011, 31: Guest editor for Developmental Review – special issue: Dual-Process Theories of Cognitive Development.
- May 2004, 10: Guest editor (with H. Markovitz) for Thinking & Reasoning – special issue: Development and reasoning.
- 2006-2019: Director of the Archives Jean Piaget.
- 2004-2008: Delegate at the National Committee for the Scientific Research France (CNRS) – Elected Member.
- 1996-1998: Delegate at the National University Committee France (CNU) – Elected Member.
- 2003-2005: Head of the Department of Psychology at the University of Burgundy-Dijon.
- 2003-2005: Member of the scientific committee of the Action Concertée Incitative « Education et Formation ».
- 2001 à 2003: Member of the scientific committee Programme Incitatif de Recherche sur l’Education et la Formation (PIREF). French National scientific program for studies in learning and education .