Bille Larsen Peter
Peter Bille Larsen, Senior lecturer and researcher, joined the GEDT in September, 2018. He has a strong interest critical theory, environmental anthropology and political ecology. His work addresses the intersection between environmental conservation and social equity concerns, including work in the fields of transboundary conservation, environmental governance, international human rights standards and sustainable development. Primary fieldwork sites include the Peruvian Amazon, Viet Nam and global level organizations and processes. He works extensively with international organizations, NGOs and community-based organizations through collaborative efforts and policy-oriented action research.
Current work focusses on sub-regional environmental governance and transboundary conservation in Southeast Asia as part of the REORIENT project, heritage and development as well as the changing conditions of environmental civil society and environmental defenders (Boninchi Foundation, IUCN, GSPI ).
He teaches sustainable development and biodiversity governance in the Master of Environmental Sciences as well as a course on the social and environmental dimensions of contemporary capitalism in the Master of "Standardization, Social Regulation and Sustainable Development". Recent books include World heritage and human rights (Earthscan), Post-frontier resource governance (Palgrave) and World heritage and sustainable development (Routledge).
- "At risk: Understanding contemporary environmental civil society challenges" (funded by the Fondation Ernest Boninchi) - https://www.unige.ch/gedt/recherches/projets/public-roundtable-supporting-environmental-defenders/
- "Facilitating evidence-based policy recommendations for states to improve the protection of environmental civil society and environmental defenders" (funded by the Geneva Science-Policy Interface)
- REORIENT/ transboundary conservation
- T405233 Contemporary Capitalisms
- 14E192 IC Gouvernance des biens communs (gouvernance globale: exemple de la biodiversité)
- 14E201 CR & 14E202 AT Atelier "Interdisciplinarité et Immersion" au sein du cours Environnement alpin et Sociétés
Dr. Peter Bille Larsen