The Swiss Doctoral School (SDS) in Affective Sciences is the doctoral program of the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences (CISA). It is open to any researcher doing a PhD on topics related to affect or emotion, irrespective of their discipline.
Two types of membership are possible:
- Full members are PhD students enrolled in a Swiss University;
- Associate members are PhD students from institutions in other countries.
PhD students who are interested in enrolling in the Swiss Doctoral School (SDS) in Affective Sciences must:
- Be enrolled in a Swiss University (only full members).
- Carry out a thesis concerning emotion or other affective phenomena.
- Be willing to acquire interdisciplinary skills in the study of emotion.
- Commit to obtaining the required credit load to obtain the SDS certificate.
- Be willing to become an active member of the CISA doctoral community
- Students are required to complete and submit the online application form and to attach a CV, a cover letter (explaining their motivation to join the program), and a letter of support from their supervisor.
- The Education & Training team evaluates the applications.
- If the application corresponds to the requirements of the program, the students will be admitted to the doctoral school.
Please bear in mind that responses to applications may take up to 4 weeks.
Important: If the student withdraws from their University, changes advisor, or stops their PhD altogether , they must inform the Coordinator of the SDS in Affective Sciences by email () within 8 weeks; if they are no longer affiliated with a University, the affiliation with the SDS in Affective Sciences will also be terminated.