For a general overview of University resources for students, see the main library page of the University of Geneva.
Philosophy Department's Library
The Philosophy library [in French] is located in the 'Jura' wing of the 'Bastions' building. The main reading room 'Naville' is on the ground floor.
Visit the Department's library webpage [in French] for general information and a list of resources. Explore Geneva's network of scientific libraries [in French], the Humanities libraries [in French], and browse the Genevan catalogue or the global RERO catalogue for western Switzerland.
The University of Geneva subscribes to many international scientific journals; a full list is accessible here [in French].
To view and download the full papers, you must access them either from the University network, or remotely with a VPN (instructions here [in French]). When connected to the network, a Google Scholar search will provide links to the full papers directly.
Moodle is the online platform for course materials, where teachers will communicate information and upload materials, readings etc. Most past courses materials are available as well. To access it, you need your ISIS login and password.
Other useful resources include:
- A list of online databases and reference books
- Mediaserver: audio and video course material (including recordings)
Journal edited by the Department
The international philosophical journal dialectica, official organ of the European Society for Analytic Philosophy, is edited in Geneva.The latest issues can be consulted on dialectica's page at its publisher website, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Phileas [in French], the Geneva Philosophy Students Association
- The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (two of the best philosophy online encyclopaedia)
- Philpapers (the most used philosophy papers online archive)
- L'Encyclopédie Philosophique [in French] (the new and only french-speaking analytic philosophy encyclopaedia, currently in progress)
- The Philosophical Lexicon (a humorous lexicon)
Please contact the webmaster if you find dead links.