Erasmus (Visiting program)
A note to our international students interested in coming to Geneva.
- All our BA courses are taught in French while some MA courses are available in English. For regular MA students, a B2 level in French is required for admission. MA theses can be written in English by permission of the Dean.
- There are no language requirements for MA-level exchange students..
Going Abroad (for Genevan Students)
More more information on the possibility of spending some time at a University abroad for students taking a degree in Geneva, and for foreign students interested in visiting Geneva, see the mobility contact-person for the Philosophy Department on the Contacts page.
Going Abroad with the Erasmus Program
The Philosophy Department has signed 14 Erasmus agreements with the following universities:
- Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
- Universiteit Gent
- Université Catholique de Louvain
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Université Pierre Menès France - Grenoble 2
- Université de Rouen Haute-Normandie
- Università degli Studi di Bergamo
- Università degli Studi di Torino
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Università degli Studi di Milano
- Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"
- Galatasaray University
- University of Kent
BA and MA students can go abroad for a period of 3 to 12 months. Their fees are waived for this period (but for the administrative tax). They can apply for a mobility scholarship of 250 CHF / month.
Visiting Other Swiss Departments
Second year BA students can spend a year studying at another Swiss University. For this purpose, they can apply for a 1'000 CHF / semester scholarship. For more information, visit also the International Mobility webpage of the University.
Other Mobility Scholarships
There are other scholarship possibilities for study stay abroad. See the International Mobility webpage of the University.