Master of advanced studies (MAS) in dental medicine
The MAS in dental medicine is one of the components of the specialist training in dental medicine.
Four dental specialisations are :
- it is usually undertaken during the years of specialisation in dental medicine;
- the duration is of 4 semesters minimum;
- it is composed of a theoretical part, which includes basic modules as well as modules specifically designed for each specialisation and the implementation of a research project, which finishes with the writing of an end of study dissertation;
- the modules are assessed by individual oral and written examinations;
- the end of study project must lead to the writing of a dissertation, which will be defended in the presence of a jury.