Biblioweekend: 24 - 26 March
From 24 to 26 March, the UNIGE Library is taking part in BiblioWeekend, a national event in which more than 380 libraries throughout Switzerland are taking part. 900 events have already been registered on the agenda at www.biblioweekend.ch/fr.
For one weekend, the UNIGE Library interprets the expression "Mettre les voiles" in a variety of ways ( "set sail", "run away", etc.) and offers a programme of events in several areas, in line with the collections of each site.
Detailed information on the web pages of each site:
- Uni Arve site, Sciences II (Bibliothèque Ernst et Lucie Schmidheiny)
- Collaborative ephemeral fresco on the windows of the relaxation area created by the students (texts and drawings) on the theme of "Mettre les voiles"
- Documentary exhibition in the various science disciplines
- Uni Bastions site, Espace Jura (In Bastions Park)
- Discussion on travel literature (between the 17th and 20th centuries) by Yasmine Atlas and Eléonore Devevey. Friday 24 March: 5.30 p.m. in the multipurpose room on the lower floor
- Exhibition with free contributions from students (poems, tales, short stories) on the theme of travel
- Documentary exhibition on the theme of travel in the disciplines of the Faculties of Arts and Theology
- Uni CMU site
- Exhibition on the theme of "Poetry and Medicine": exploration of the links between poetry and medicine up to the present day, within the framework of "Poetry in the hospital", through a presentation of books, poetry collections written by doctors, projects, and a selection of inspiring poems
- Poem writing: students are invited to participate by writing poems on the theme "Mettre les voiles". From 17 March to 30 April
- Uni Mail site
- Exhibition with free contributions from inspired students (texts, drawings, collages, photographs, etc.) on the theme of "mettre les voiles"
- Documentary exhibition on the theme of "mettre le(s) voile(s) or "putting up the veil(s)" in connection with the social science and political science collections
Libraries are important actors in society. By participating in this public event, the UNIGE Library is fulfilling one of its missions "to offer a complete range of documentary resources and services to the university community and to the city in response to their needs in terms of research, teaching and study".
The BiblioWeekend is an invitation to discover the UNIGE Library in a different way.
Share your picture of this event : #BiblioUNIGE #biblioweekend23March 8, 2023