Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Professor, University of Geneva, April 2011 – present
- CERN scientific associate, September 2010 – March 2011
- INFN senior researcher, March 2000 – March 2011
- DESY scientific associate, Oct. 1998 – June 1999 and Sept. 2001 – Aug. 2002
- INFN researcher, tenured, May 1988 – Feb. 2000
- INFN postdoc fellowship, May 1987 – April 1988
- Corso di perfezionamento in Fisica, 1986, University of Bologna
- Laurea in Physics, 1985, University of Bologna, Italy. Mark: 110/110 cum laude
Present Institutional responsibilities at University of Geneva:
- Director, Départment de Physique Nucléaire et Corpusculaire, (since 2014)
- Member, Commission d'Enseignement, Section de Physique, (since 2017)
- Member, Commission de Planification, Section de Physique (Since 2014)
- Member, Commission MER-CC board, Faculty of Science (since 2013)
Recent scientific and management responsibilities:
- Member, Institut National Genevois, Comité de la Section Sciences (since 2017)
- Member of the CERN Enterprise Risk Management Advisory Committee (since 2016)
- Member of the Steering Board of CHART, Swiss Accelerator Research and Technology (since 2016)
- Member of the Berrow Foundation Scholarship Committee, Lincoln College, University of Oxford (since 2016)
- Co-PI of the TCAP project for Tc99 production with accelerators (since 2015)
- Member of the ATLAS ITk Layout Task Force (since 2015)
- Vice-President, Section de Physique, University of Geneva (2014-2017).
- President, Conseil participatif de la Section de Physique, University of Geneva (2014-2017).
- Member of the ATLAS ITk Institute Board (since 2014)
- PI of the TT-PET medical physics project (since 2014)
- Member of the ATLAS Pixel Detector Institute Board.
- Swiss National Contact Person, ATLAS Collaboration (since 2012).
- Member of the ATLAS experiment Collaboration Board (since 2012).
- Team Leader of the University of Geneva ATLAS Group (since 2012).
- Chairman of the ATLAS experiment Upgrade Physics Committee (2011 – 2013).
- Member of the ATLAS experiment Upgrade Steering Committee (2011 – 2013).
- Member of the CERN Scientific Information Policy Board (2010 – 2011).
- Member of the ATLAS experiment Executive Board (2010 – 2011).
- Chairman of the Publication Committee of the ATLAS experiment (2009 – 2011).