- BabelDr - Spoken Language Translation of Dialogues in the Medical Domain
BabelDr is a spoken language translation system for the medical domain, developped in collaboration with Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève (HUG), Geneva's largest hospital. Its main focus is precision and less-resourced languages.
Funded by: Mimosa project, HUG's private foundation and Innogap grant.
- BFC - Proposal and Implementation of a Swiss Centre for Barrier-Free Communication
The main goal of the BFC project is to investigate how access to higher education in Switzerland can be facilitated for students with disabilities. The project aims at developing sustainable methods and processes to provide barrier-free or “low-barrier” access to information and learning materials, as well as at increasing awareness about accessibility matters among all university stakeholders. Research areas include, among others, machine translation of spoken language to sign language, easy-to-read language and barrier-free design of digital documents, including websites. The project is coordinated by the School of Applied Linguistics of the Zürich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW).
Funded by: Swissuniversities.
CALLector, which officially started on April 1 2018 and will continue until December 31 2021, is funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation under its COST program, and the project is closely linked with the enetCollect COST project. The overall goal of CALLector is to create a platform, structured as a social network, for crowdsourced construction and use of CALL content. We are developing tools for construction of speech-enabled content using the CALL-SLT Lite framework and tools for text-based content using the LARA platform.
Coordination and data preparation for the Spoken CALL Shared Task, now in its third year, is performed under the CALLector project.
You can find more information about CALLector on the open Google group.
Funded by: Swiss National Science Foundation, COST program.
- EnetCollect - European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques
The enetCollect Action addresses the major European challenge of fostering the language skills of all citizens regardless of their diversified social, educational, and linguistic backgrounds. To this end, the Action is concerned with the domain of Language Learning and focuses on enhancing the production of learning material in order to cope with the increasing demand for language learning and the striking diversification of learner profiles due to the intensified migration flows motivated by educational, professional/economic or geopolitical circumstances. Pierrette Bouillon and Manny Rayner parcipate as secondary proposers.
Funded by: COST programme.
- Trainslate - Spoken Language Translation to Sign Language
The Trainslate project is a collaboration with the University of Zürich, whose goal is to develop a system capable of automatically translating train announcements from spoken French to Swiss French sign language. The system is being developed on TIM's Regulus platform and will use the JASigning avatar.
Funded by: Boninchi, Max Bircher and Raffeisen foundations, Credit Suisse and Loterie Romande. In collaboration with the Teamco foundation.
- ACCEPT - Automated Community Content Editing PorTal
- DicoPro - On-Line Dictionary Consultation For Language Professionals On Intranet.
- DiET - Diagnostic and Evaluation Tools for Natural Language Applications.
- EAGLES I - Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards / Evaluation Working Group Final Report I.
- EAGLES II - Expert Advisory Group on Language Engineering Standards/Evaluation Working Group Final Report II.
- eCoLoRe - Creating Shareable and Renewable eContent Localisation Resources to Support ICT Training for Translators (main project site).
- GRAAL - Grammars which are Reusable to Automatically Analyze Languages.
- ISLE - International Standards for Language Engineering.
- LCG - Learning Computational Grammars.
- MeLLANGE - Multilingual eLearning in LANGuage Engineering (main project site).
- MLCC - Multilingual Corpora for Coorporation.
- MULTEXT - Multilingual Text and Tools.
- Parmenides - Ontology-driven Temporal Text Mining on Organisational Data for Extracting Temporal Valid Knowledge.
- TEMAA - A Testbed Study of Evaluation Methodologies: Authoring Aids.
- TransRouter - Translation Router.
- TRANSTERM - Use of Terminological Data in NLP Systems.
- TSNLP - Test Suites for Natural Language Processing.
Projects of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- A Swiss Platform for Controlled spoken dialog applications - The project proposes to extend and stabilise the Regulus platform so as to make it suitable for adoption as a general Swiss platform for spoken language system construction in academia and industry.
- A generic platform for CALL based on speech translation - We leverage Geneva's Regulus toolkit and other SNSF-sponsored work on speech recognition and translation, to develop a generic CALL platform centered on the 'spoken translation game' idea.
- CALL-SLT 2 - Designing and Evaluating Spoken Dialogue Based CALL Systems
- DicoEast - SCOPES project for electronic dictionary distribution.
- MedSLT - A Multilingual Spoken Language Translation System for Medical Domains.
- Medtag - Free text medical document retrieval by using terminological resources and statistical linguistics.
- Medtag2 - Free-text medical document retrieval via extraction of complex terms.
- MTEval - Quality models and resources for the evaluation of machine translation.
- MTEval II (FEMTI on-line application) - Quality requirements and metrics for the evaluation of MT: analysis and integration of expertise.
- TransTech - Language Technology for Translators.
- (IM)2 - Interactive Multimodal Information Management.
- MT Sublanguage - Definition and Exploitation for Sublanguage Description for MT in a finite domain, part I and II.
Projects of the Ernest Boninchi Foundation
- Web-Based Deployment of Speech-Enabled Applications for Medicine and Education.
"Suissetra" federal projects
- GTF-Rifal - Contribution to the Rifal courses and textual databases.
- OSIL - Observatoire Suisse des Industries de la Langue (Swiss Observatory of Language Industries).
- OTIL - Observatoire francophone du Traitement informatique des langues.
- FLAG - Searching and verification of terms in multilingual documents.
- SYLEX - Browser for multilingual federal law documents (view demo).
Projects of the French Speaking Community
- Automatic acquisition of Generative Lexicon elements to increase performances of information retrieval systems (AUPELF-UREF project, FRANCIL network).
- Alignment of Bilingual and Multilingual Corpora.
- CRISTAL - Contextes RIches en ConnaissanceS pour la TrAduction terminoLogique
- LEGERe - Un LExique GEnératif de Référence pour le français (project description in French).
- tmspy - Translation memory analyzer.
- logo-term - Terminology software.
- AVAL - Semantic Modelling.
- Dico - A network based dictionary consultation tool.
- ELU - Environnement Linguistique d'Unification.
- SLT - Spoken Language Translator.